A Fortune 500 manufacturer of chocolate and other confectioneries, operating in more than 70 countries and growing through acquisitions and steady market gains, engaged Focal Point to modernize their identity governance infrastructure in order to meet their evolving needs.
As a global leader in the food manufacturing industry, the Manufacturer required an identity governance infrastructure that could be managed on a large, transcontinental scale. To secure the Fortune 500 Manufacturer from data breaches and unwanted access to both on-site and cloud-based applications, it was critical that the new infrastructure incorporated a centralized, single-identity process with automated provisioning.
Previously, a setup of disparate IT systems had manually administered identity governance, but with costly, time consuming processes, which left the Manufacturer’s IT environment exposed to the potential for human and system errors.
The Fortune 500 Manufacturer chose Oracle Identity Governance to supply a seamless, worldwide identity governance platform that ultimately provided:
- Single sign-on access across all IT environments
- Seamless identity governance at a global scale
- Centralized, automated processes that improved cost-savings, operational efficiency, and ultimately the organization’s ROI
- Newly mitigated business risks
The most remarkable aspect of this implementation was how rapidly and thoroughly the project was executed. The Fortune 500 Manufacturer’s Identity Governance project took only one year from start to finish, an impressive timespan and unprecedented for such a substantial IT upgrade and integration. By utilizing proven methodologies and best practices, Focal Point was prepared to lead an all-encompassing Identity Governance platform implementation.
Focal Point’s project plan focused on:
- Expertly scoping project requirements and processes
- Including both an upgrade / migration plan and a traceability matrix in the project plan.
- Demonstrating progress in the development / integration throughout the final project phase.
- Operating an experienced, well-qualified team with a proven record in similar platform implementation. Focal Point never outsourced to subcontractors, offshore resources, or practiced “on the job” training.
- A strong reputation for leading successful, well coordinated implementation projects.
The prompt and successful implementation of Oracle Identity Governance at the Manufacturer delivered a modern infrastructure that met a wide-range of needs. The project was eventually recognized and featured by the security experts at CSO Magazine.
In addition, the new Identity Governance infrastructure reduced the burdens on the organization’s IT team and strengthened the discovery of cybersecurity vulnerabilities, ultimately enhancing the Manufacturer’s ROI bottom line in both compliance and audit processing.