An industry leading energy transmission and distribution company, delivering electricity and natural gas to an expanding consumer base and serving approximately 302,000 electric customers and 80,000 natural gas customers throughout its service area, which covers one of the most populated geographical areas of the northeastern United States, engaged Focal Point for IAM services.
As a leader in a tightly regulated industry with strict security requirements, achieving compliance and efficient auditing processes were top priorities for the Company. Therefore, when the Company identified several costly IAM processes and potential security weaknesses, they decided to update their operation to one comprehensive, centralized solution.
The Company needed an Identity Governance platform that boosted production and performance, lowered IT costs, and mitigated the risk of manually maintaining data and user access in multiple systems. The Company also needed an option that would sync all of their IAM efforts across the full landscape of their organization: an on-site environment, in cloud-based storage, and across all mobile devices.
The Company chose SailPoint IdentityIQ to gain a seamless, company-wide Identity Governance platform, ultimately providing:
- Single sign-on access across all IT environments
- Newly automated processes that reduced IT costs, boosted productivity, and improved workflow
- Mitigated risk with compliance control enhancements
Focal Point led a 3-phase implementation of SailPoint IdentityIQ, targeting the Company’s IAM challenges with an Agile-based management approach. Utilizing proven methodologies and best practices, Focal Point was prepared to develop and manage an all-inclusive Identity Governance platform implementation.
Focal Point’s project plan focused on:
- Expertly scoping project requirements and processes
- Including both an upgrade and migration plan, and a traceability matrix in the project plan
- Demonstrating progress in the development / integration throughout the final project phase
- Operating an experienced, well-qualified team with a proven record with similar platform implementations; Focal Point never outsourced to subcontractors, offshores resources, or practiced “on the job” training
- Building a strong reputation for leading successful, well-coordinated implementation projects
Focal Point prioritized and delivered knowledge transfer throughout the project, and also provides formal “train the trainer” services and technical training to the Company. This company-wide approach to instruction and preparation facilitated a smooth and rapid transition into the new environment of the Company.
Focal Point also offered the Company remote access to technical support engineers who are knowledgeable of their deployed IDM architecture, configuration, and third-party integrations, ensuring all the support the Company needed to transition their team with confidence.